Adirondack Green Circle
Who We Are
The Adirondack Green Circle was started in 2007 by Gail Brill after reading Barbara Kingsolver's book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. At our monthly meeting we discuss ways to affect change in our own lives and in our community. See calendar for schedule.
Our Mission Statement
To create a forum that will educate and inspire both ourselves and our community to choose sustainable living practices. Sustainability means meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. By promoting these practices in our lives and in the community, we move towards living in harmony with our earth and each other.
Green Circle Goals:
- To choose and maintain an optimistic outlook about the future of our planet and the ability to affect positive change through sustainable practices
- Read, meet and discuss relevant articles and research
- Attend relevant workshops and meetings
- Provide outreach and education via our website and community events
- Work with local politicians and agencies to create a more sustainable and environmentally conscious government and community